Optional Clinics for WMS cheerleading tryouts
*These optional clinics are free. A liability waiver is required to participate. See ***below***for liability waiver from IMPACT1. Athletes will learn tryout material that includes, cheers, chants, and band dances.
Both clinics will be 8:30AM-11:30AM at IMPACT1 ALLSTARS
Impact1 is located off of New Town Rd.
The address is 429 Marvin Rd. Fort Mill, SC 29707
*To view the material from the clinics, please scroll to the bottom of this page*
There will be additional clinics held at Weddington High School on the following dates:
June 19th 12pm-3pm ($30)
June 26th 8:30am-11:30am ($30)
July 9th 8:30am-11:30am ($30)
July 11th 8:30-11:30am ($20)
Please note that there is a fee to attend the clinics at the highschool. The fees will be used as fundraising for the cheerleaders. Please contact Coach Angie at the highschool to register at 704-287-6636
Tryout Review is Monday 7/22 8am-12noon* meet at the track/ pickup elementary bus lot
Mandatory tryouts are Tuesday 7/23 8am-12 noon (if you are not present, you will not be permitted to cheer)
drop off and pick up at elementary gym/bus lot
Parents meeting Wednesday 7/24
Camp 7/25-7/26 8am-4pm
If you have any questions, please contact Adam Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
WMS Cheer Tryout 2019
All tryout material & instructional videos can be found at this direct link:
Look under the WMS Tryout 2019 folder for all tryout material. OR
You can access the videos through the HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC website under our High School Cheer page. Make sure you’re in the folder that says “WMS Tryout 2019.”
Track Dances: You will do one of the Track Dance Combos for your tryout
#2-“Baseball” (2 ripples) (6th and 8th grade do 2ndripple on counts 7, 8; 7th grade does 1st ripple on counts 5,6)
#3-“T-Bone” & “Victory”
#5-“Kicker” (revised video on line)
#8—Watch the video on “Transitional claps” so you know what to do between the dances
Track dance Combo 1: Flashdance, claps, Baseball, Shake-n-Bake (see video of combo on site)
Track dance Combo 2: Chin-Up, claps, Baseball, claps, T-Bone (see video of combo on site)
Track dance Combo 3: Kicker, claps, Baseball, claps, Choo Choo Train (see video of combo on site)
Chants: (XX=claps) (*=pause)
1. Green! Green! Yell-it, White! White! (2 ripples) (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple)
2. Go Cats! XX Go Cats!
3. Up That Score, Cats, Up that Score!
4. Go! Hey, here we go! Wild Cats, Let’s Go! (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple)
5. T-A-K-E Take it Take it
6. Defensive Line XX Take Charge!
7. Offense Wildcats Offense XX
8. XX Hey! XX We are the Cats!
9. Push’em back Cats Push’em back! XX
10. Take that ball away Big Green! Take that ball away!
11. Wildcats, Wildcats! Get Tough!
12. Attack let’s Fight! Go, Green! Go, White! (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple
13. Get on your feet! Gooooooo Wildcats!
14. C’mon Crowd say it loud: Score, Cats, Score! XScore, Cats, Score! X
1. “Let’s Go Green” (all grades do ripple 3 only)
2. “Go Wildcats” (with 2 tricks)
3. “Go, Cats! Go, Cats, Go!” (all grades do ripple 1 only)
4. “Woo” (mortal combat theme song remix)—see revised video on website
Other Tryout Requirements:
Toe Touch—see video
Splits—see video—both sides (don’t have to do center)
Cartwheel—see video—both right and left side cartwheels
Pushups—see video—10 without putting knees onground; sternum should touch the top of a can of food
Burpees—see video—15 in 60 secs
*Jump Rope—see video—5 min non stop (bring your own jump rope on July 22nd)
Run—see instructional pdf--On outdoor track
6th and 7th graders: ½ mile (2 laps)
Less than 3min—5pts
8th grade: 1 mile (4 laps)
Less than 8 min—5pts